How Do I Know If I Need A Fuel Filter Replacement?
- January 24, 2023
- Car Repair
- Posted by Frank Dischinger
- Comments Off on How Do I Know If I Need A Fuel Filter Replacement?
Filter replacements are a simple and an effective part of any vehicle’s maintenance. There is more to your vehicle than its fluids, there are plenty of filters too! Today, you’ll find out about a fuel filter, how it works, and the impact it has on the performance of your car.
What Is A Fuel Filter?
The fuel filter keeps the debris and dirt floating in the fuel from getting into the engine. When the fuel pump extracts the fuel from the tank, it goes through the filter. After some time, the filter will need to be replaced.
How Often Should You Replace the Fuel Filter?
If your luxury vehicles manual does not specify, you should aim to have it serviced every 20,000 to 30,000 miles or every 2 years.
How Do I Know If My Fuel Filter Is Clogged?
- Noisy Fuel Pump – The fuel pump will work especially extra when the fuel filter is clogged. If the pump makes unfamiliar sounds, it is worth checking out the filter.
- Rough Idling or Engine Stalling – Your engine performance can significantly drop due to a faulty fuel filter. Because a dirty filter can impact the flow of fuel going into the engine, your vehicle will run into problems like stalling or rough idling.
- Difficulties in Acceleration – Fuel delivery and pressure are impacted by a poor filter. That is why you may experience weak acceleration as a result of not changing the filter.
- Engine Starting Problems – Last but not least, leaving a dirty fuel filter inside your vehicle for too long can impact the vehicle’s ability to start.
If you suspect you have a bad fuel filter, we welcome you to bring it on over to Glenwood Foreign Car! We can inspect your fuel filter along with the rest of the fuel system to make sure your engine is in tip top shape!
Click here to make an appointment and swing by Glenwood Foreign Car at 333 Woolston Dr, Yardley, PA 19067 or call us at (215) 736-8888.