Why Does My Car Squeak When I Turn?
- May 6, 2023
- Car Repair
- Posted by Frank Dischinger
- Comments Off on Why Does My Car Squeak When I Turn?
Are you driving around during the day and hearing that awful sound coming from your car? If you’re not sure what’s causing the squeaking noise in your car, it’s best to take it to a mechanic for a proper diagnosis. Here at Glenwood Foreign Car we can identify the problem and recommend the best course of action to fix it!
- Worn Out Suspension: If your car’s suspension system is worn out, it can cause a squeaking noise when you turn. This is because the suspension components are no longer able to absorb the shock of the road properly.
- Bad Wheel Bearings: Your car’s wheel bearings are responsible for allowing the wheels to spin freely. If they become worn or damaged, they can cause a squeaking noise when you turn.
- Low Power Steering Fluid: If your car’s power steering fluid is low, it can cause a whining or squeaking noise when you turn. This is because the power steering pump is working harder than it should be.
- Dry or Worn Out Ball Joints: The ball joints in your car’s suspension system allow the wheels to move up and down while still maintaining proper alignment. If they become dry or worn out, they can cause a squeaking noise when you turn.
- Loose or Worn Out Belts: Your car’s belts are responsible for driving various components, such as the alternator and power steering pump. If they become loose or worn out, they can cause a squeaking noise when you turn.
In the meantime, be sure to listen carefully to the noise your car is making and try to identify when it occurs (i.e. only when turning, all the time, etc.). This information can be helpful to your mechanic when diagnosing the problem.
Remember, it’s always best to address any issues with your car as soon as possible to prevent further damage and ensure your safety on the road. If you’re driving around and asking yourself Why Does My Car Squeak When I Turn then bring it on over to Glenwood Foreign Car 333 Woolston Dr, Yardley, PA 19067 or call us at (215) 736-8888.
Click here to book a reservation for your luxury vehicle online today!
Follow Glenwood Foreign Car on Facebook, Instagram and YouTube!